Saturday, September 18, 2010

Growing Old or Growing Apart - II

Exactly an year Later I write this to realise how far apart we have
actually grown to be..Even If we meet...We short fall of words..
Oh! I am hating this..but does that help?..

I am scared to accept it?...Yes I am...afterall we have grown so big
to be called 'emotional' now..

It takes me into 10 minutes of thinking to make a 2 minute call to people
I never thought will involve so much of thinking and talking just enough
to make sure I am not trespassing their personal space.
I think a 1000 words before I call...but utter a mere 100 words out of them..
the rest 900 are lost somewhere in the conversation..and only come back to
me after I say "good bye".

There's an entire new set of people I am with...there are fun days..days filled
with madness..bad days...normal days..family days...things I am doing that I
always wanted to do..But there's something that goes missing...I am so sure
there is something...Something that even I am unable to figure out..

With every 2nd thing that happens to me reminds me of the old days..and I
end up narrating the entire story to the new people around me..
It feels nice when your new friends tell "you mean so much to me " and but
it aches to know
that you are no more of the same for your old pals..

Not that I am to blame anybody...for I am sailing in the same boat...but I
am still
squirming with the question of why is this happening..???

Appears to be a cliche' but they say "Its takes a minute to say 'Hello'
and ages to
say goodbye" Is the accepting of facts so hard for all or
is it just me..!!I Its taking me a
Li'l longer ...
but I will we be able to make it up...


I heard an old song by Bruno Mars who sang
"You can Count on me Like 1 2 3...I'll be
there....
I can count on you like 4 3 2...I know u'll be there "...
But I seem to have lost
the count...
The count is just seeming to shrink to one or maybe none...

5 comments:

  1. Awesome :) a nice mix of emotions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praaaaachi! :)
    Mujhe milna hai tujhse :-|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prachi... Mujhe bhi milna hai tujhse... :'(
    Had you been here with me.. or vice versa... I wouldn't have let you feel this way.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. mujhe bhi milna hai tum logon se...it feels horrible sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, to be honest, lost time can never be found back.. but yeps, the beauty with college friends, even if you guys meet 10 yrs down th line, you'll catch up with the same excitement! :)

    ReplyDelete