Sunday, April 3, 2011

WORLD CUP 2011 :D

2 April 2011||Few are the days Like this one. I have never been a cricket
buff in my life.To be true I am not even aware of half of the googlies,spins
or for that matter any of the technicalities of Cricket but then I still like
the game.
"Cricket" in the past 30-35 days has in true sense brought not India
but the Indians together.

It all started off with cribbing for our India Team. It seemed like we were
far from even reaching the semifinals.As a layman,inspite of the fact that
I cant put in even half of the hard work our 'BLUE BOYS' put in I was not
happy how they were performing.(as if I was the one who was their coach)!!

Days passed by and with each Indian Win the excitement just increased.
I'm sure all of us will feel a huge void in our daily routines for some days now.
The win against Aussies was ecstatic.The first time when the critics and
appreciators spoke in unison about the team.Suddenly,'everyone' felt the
distant dream of'World Cup' coming Home might come true.

The India-Pak match was like a war.Almost close to a quarter of my life time
has passed 'never ever' have I seen the 'Oneness' of India.Trust Me!!
There was no other talk than about 'the Match-THE WAR'.
The biggest 'Mass Bunk' in the corporate history of India with even the
companies giving half day leave on cost of business was something that
has never happened for a game.I have NEVER seen such a thing!!!!

With a nail biting match,we had a mind blowing Win.There was street
partying and Delhi for the first time felt all so safe even at 12 in midnight
Diwali came in Twice in a year to all of us.The battle was half won and it
felt all so perfect and things falling in place.It felt like the entire India was
preparing together for the biggest festival of their lifetime 'The WORLD CUP'.
Yesterday(Legenday day!!)Indians were almost successful in restricting
SLs to a chaseable score!!! But the questions..what if?..how will we manage?
..will we win? were the one's I could read on each face.
With the early wickets of Sehwag and our 'God' the dream seemed like
shattering.A sudden wind of despair flowed in.
But them Miracles do happen.I now believe in them.

I have never seen so many hand come together and pray for a common
cause.I have never heard my heart beat so fast and it felt like it'll jump
out to my hand any moment then.I have never seen so many people
sharing a common emotion,never have I seen so many people getting
jittery at the same time.With hands on their faces,eyes wide open as if
waiting for a miracle to happen every single breath called for one thing
'India!! We have to win this'.

And then it happened!!!yes it did!! I always read about in those History
chapters about how revolutions happened,but I was there seeing History
being created.Right infront of my eyes!!.It felt all so real and yet so ethereal!!.
It was all of a sudden 'WE' won!!The tears of joy,the fits of laughter,
endless screaming,hysterical jumping,the moment when even strangers
hugged each other.The Big Festival was here.!!! finally!!

The old stories of our parents and seniors of 1983 will now be
replaced by ours.

The feeling of Oneness. Crackers,sweets,dhols what not.
It was partying time.The Pride on every Indian's face as the
Indian Cricket Team lifted the Cup spoke volumes as if they
had won the World!! hehe...why not ?after all it was the 'World Cup'.
Vande Mataram!

PS:I have lost my voice temporarily due to the endless screaming and cheering :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment